HIGH PURITY QUARTZ (HPQ)
Dr. Udo Jakobs is concentrating since 1989 continuously on the processing and process development of quartz and silica sands. As head of R§D of a quartz/feldspar/kaolin-producer in Germany and as plant manager of an ultra high purity quartz plant (Norwegian Crystalites AS (Norway) - today: the Quartz Corporation TQC) in combination to continuous consulting experience since 1997 a high competence in the processing of quartz had been collected.
Following inhouse testing can be performed:
- crushing (Hardox or contamination free)
- attrition scrubbing (conventional or alternatively with a highly advanced ultrasonic technology)
- magnetic separation (using newest technology specially developed for UHPQ processing)
- gravity separation (sink/float, shaking table)
- leaching (inhouse development)
- silanisation, hydrophobic coating
Further processes can be done together with co-operation partner.
In the process development highest focus is on a ecologic and economic responsible process!