GRAVITY SEPARATION - LAB SINK/FLOAT and SHAKING TABLE
Gravity separation is a main process in wet processing of minerals and also in recycling industry:
- separation of heavy minerals from silica sands and feldspar containing sands
- processing of chromite and barite
- wet recycling of foundry sands and recovery of chromite and bauxite for used foundry sands
- separation of mica, coal and organic materials from silica sands
- recovery of finely divided copper, aluminium and precious metals in the recycling industry
Shaking table are for these application first choice.
For pretesting in the range of 100 g a sink/float process using sodium polytungstate solution can be use - for testing in kg range a laboratory shaking table of Holman-Wilfley is available.
Dr. Jakobs GmbH do has a wide spectrum of references in the field of gravity separation - from recycling to processing of ultra high purity quartz.